H.E. Dr. Mohamed Shaker
Minister of Electricity & Renewable Energy, Egypt
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Electrical Power Engineering from Cairo University 1968 & 1972
- Ph.D. & DIC in Electrical Engineering– Imperial College, London University1978.
- "Premium Award in Science and Technology" 1985 – Institution of Electrical Engineers
(IEE) – London – U.K.
- Minister of Electricity and Renewable Energy – Egypt, Since March 2014.
- Founder and Chairman of the Electromechanical Consulting Engineering firm: "SHAKER Consulting Group" since 1982, and its subsidiaries in many of Arab and African Countries.
- Electrical Consulting Professional Engineer with a track record of over 1500 projects in Egypt, Arabian Gulf countries & Africa, during over 40 years of engineering practice.
- Chairman of the Consulting Engineers Qualifying Board – Egyptian Engineering syndicate.
- Chairman of the "Egyptian Fire Protection Association" (EFPA).
- Board member of the following organizations at different periods:
- Energy Research Center – Faculty ofEngineering, Cairo University.
- Electrical Code Committee – Housing and Building National Research Center – Egypt.
- New Urban Communities Authority – Ministry of Housing Utilities and Urban Communities, Egypt.
- Egyptian Railway Authority – Ministry of Transport.
- Egyptian Metro Operation and Management Company – Ministry of Transport.
- Chairman of the Egyptian construction Export Council – Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- Vice – chairman of the Egyptian consulting Engineers Forum.
- Vice – chairman of the Egyptian Engineering Syndicate.
- Vice – chairman of the Egyptian – Japanese Businessman Council.
- Vice – chairman of Gezira Sporting Club, Cairo – Egypt
- Chairman – Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University – Alumni.